You missed it, didn’t you? Beethoven’s birthday was yesterday, and you forgot to get your gifts out in time! Tsk, tsk.
Don’t let the same thing happen for Christmas or Hannukah. And as Amazon says today’s the last day for you to place an in-stock order with Amazon and have Free Shipping get it there by Christmas, perhaps it’s time to be shopping. But what to buy, what to buy?
One of the things I enjoy about running AAUGH.com is seeing what people are ordering (and let me make it clear I don’t know who is ordering what, or who is ordering at all for that matter. I just see aggregate sales.) Of course, people are buying a lot of Peanuts stuff (most popular thing: the Peanuts Holiday Collection DVD set.) Folks are buying some of those one day specials I’ve highlighted; in fact, not only was yesterday’s Arrested Development deal our biggest seller of the season, but you AAUGHers (and other folks) bought ‘em up so quickly that by the time I got around to actually ordering mine, they were gone. (Today’s deal is a $89.99 TomTom GPS.) And people are buying standard gifty stuff: an iPod, a bracelet, a little Sinatra.
But what I love seeing are the odder things:
- A subscription to Bassmaster
- A Mr. Potato-Head dressed up like an NFL player
- The Cats of Kittyville
- A Forbidden Hollywood DVD collection
- A scale with body-mass-index function
- Something called the Active Life Outdoor Challenge which I suspect is used very much indoors, since it’s a Wii game.
- And last, but certainly not least… the soundtrack to the 1993 movie based on the game Super Mario Brothers!
Now, some of these may not have been gifts… but somehow, I get the feeling that the ones that are gifts are exactly the right things for the people they’re for.