Remember earlier in the month when I promised you some big AAUGHtober announcement? Well here it is:
I have just launched The AAUGH Blog Podcast, a weekly transmission of comment and insight on Peanutsy things from your humble AAUGH Blogger. I’m describing it as “news, muse, and interviews”, although my goal is to make each episode of lasting value, so there won’t be much in the breaking news realm – an audio podcast makes a lousy place for new cover announcements anyway.
This is not a replacement for the blog, it’s a companion piece, although one that I hope will also reach a different audience. Toward that end, I will be revisiting some topics that I’ve already covered in the blog – the first full episode will be about Dolores, the Latina Peanuts character who only showed up in school filmstrips, whom I’ve had multiple posts about here – but even those won’t be just a reciting of the posts I’ve already made.
If you’re unfamiliar with podcasts, just think of them as “downloadable radio shows”. The podcast episodes will not only be downloadable from/playable on the blog website itself, but also can be had through your iTunes, Google Play Music, and Stitcher apps, among others. As I type, all of those locations already have the “episode 0” introductory/trailer episode (sort of a trailer for the series), and the first episode is working its way through the system and will likely be available in those sites by the time that you read this. New episodes will be released weekly; some will be just me pontificating on a pet topic (like what makes a good strip reprint book), some will be interviews (coming up is an interview with Harriet Glickman, the woman who convinced Schulz to integrate the strip by adding Franklin.) I have three further episodes already recorded and mixed, and have lined up a couple more interviews to come.
You’ll also be seeing some changes in the AAUGH.com website. You may have already noticed a different format to the blog itself. I will soon be doing away with the shopping experience that has been the front page; I’ve not been going about maintaining it. I will, however, continue to have pages listing the upcoming and recently released Peanuts and Schulz books, and will build pages of gift suggestions and favorite books.
I could use the help of all the AAUGH Blog Readers out there, on any or all of these items:
- Listen to the podcast.
- Let me know what works about it, what doesn’t. I’m new to podcasting, and I’m counting on your ears.
- If you like the podcast, give it a good rating on iTunes – the more people who like this thing, the more Apple will recommend it to new listeners.
- Spread the word! Tell your social media buddies about this.
- Send me suggestions for what topics you’d like to see covered in further episodes. (One of the recorded episodes, on book collecting tips, already came from the reader suggestion.)
- Send me your questions! From time to time, I intend to do a “The AAUGH Blogger answers listeners questions” episode, so whether you have a question of fact or are curious about my take on something, send ’em in.
- If you have a connection to the Peanuts world and would like to be interviewed, let me know.
Send all items to questions@AAUGH.com
Thank you all for all the support you’ve shown in reading the blog. I hope this new venture is of value to you.