little Peanuts notes
on September 7, 2012 at 10:13 am
Posted In: General
- Next week will be a Peanuts tribute week in the comic strip “Mutts“, which was a modern favorite of Schulz’s. Look for a full week of Peanuts/Schulz-referencing strips.
- Here’s someone’s blogpost about how his record album of the A Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack became the copy that the Library of Congress has for its honored place in the National Recording Registry. I’ve had a couple items of mine end up in museum displays, and that’s a weird enough feeling, seeing one’s “stuff” turned into Objects Worth Having Everyone Look At; in his case, his stuff is now permanently enshrined and honored.
- Speaking of A Charlie Brown Christmas: I believe I’ve mentioned here (although I cannot find it at the moment) the habit that groups occasionally have of performing unauthorized stage adaptations of the work. Understandable, once one considers what a recognized classic it is and how much that 1965 special has become part of the language of Christmas in America. But I was surprised to see how quickly that started – I now have evidence of such a performance in 1966. I’m doing more research on this; expect a fuller report eventually.
- In other research matters:I have now proven that if your three-year-old son chooses (let us be clear: his choice) to dress up in a Charlie Brown shirt and a mask from a Robin costume, basically everyone at the supermarket will stop and smile and say “how cute”! Whether you use this knowledge for good or evil is up to you; this is a post of science, not technology.
- Sorry if posting has been sporadic of late. I’ve had a number of situations to deal with, the hardest hitting being the death of my dear mother last week. If you want to know if she had any influence on me being as you know me through this blog, I can point to one simple thing: never wanting to have to be sure she had the right name when she was calling to me or any of my three siblings, she fell back on calling us all “Charlie Brown”.